Managing critical water and sewer assets is becoming increasingly difficult. Limited funding, aging infrastructure and regulatory compliance issues challenge leaders to "do more with less," all while keeping an eye toward the future.
Conference Topics:The UIM/SWIM Asset Management Conference addresses these managerial challenges and explores new concepts and strategies that you can begin to use the minute you get back to your office. Topics include:
- Short- and long-term capital planning and prioritization case studies
- Best practices in asset management
- Advanced data management and IT system implementation
- Rehabilitation construction techniques and innovations
- Alternative project delivery case studies
- Maintenance practices and KPIs
- Innovative condition assessment technologies
- Water and wastewater utility energy management
- Financing and economic decision-making
- Business case evaluations
- Successfully managing a consent decree
Speakers:The conference features speakers who are recognized experts in the water/wastewater sector, including utility directors, consulting engineers, researchers and academicians, and other professionals. The limited-seating venue promotes dialogue among all participants, which is a hallmark of UIM conferences.
Who Should Attend:Executive-level municipal representatives and consultants involved in the fields of water, wastewater and storm water.
CEUs:Virginia Tech will award Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successful completion of the course.